At the first appointment we get to know the patient. If it’s a child, we’ll talk to their parents, carry out a dental assessment and discuss their functional and aesthetic expectations.
We invite you to make the most of this first appointment to ask us about any concerns you may have.
We also make an exhaustive study of every case; this is the guarantee of good treatment and success in achieving the expected result.
- The dentist will start by giving you a medical or clinical examination in order to study your general health.
- He will then make a series of complementary examinations, such as taking moulds of your teeth or photographs of your mouth and face, all procedures carried out at our surgery.
- When planning treatment, X-ray examinations will also be necessary: a panoramic X-ray, a cephalometric X-ray and, sometimes, an X-ray of the wrist in children in order to establish their bone age and position on the growth curve.
- We also carefully study the state of your teeth and gums.
All of these elements (X-rays, moulds, photographs…) are part of the so-called orthodontics study.
Diagnosis and Treatment
- Having obtained said information, we will make a complete diagnosis of your case and explain the different treatment options.
- We will also explain the advantages and disadvantages of the treatment, the kind of apparatus, etc.
- Lastly, the precautions to be taken and a schedule of follow-up visits.
- We will also tell you the estimate duration of your treatment, its cost and how to pay for it.