Orthodontics is a discipline that has experienced enormous progress in recent times. The options available until only a few years ago involved traditional brackets, often discouraging patients due to their appearance or comfort.
That’s why the introduction of invisible aligners has brought huge changes to the world of dentistry. Let’s look at the numerous benefits of this innovative treatment that’s making more and more people decide to get their perfect smile every day!
Benefits of invisible orthodontics
Invisible orthodontics consists of clear, removable aligners made to measure for every patient. As your teeth move, you will be given a new aligner, gradually straightening your teeth until achieving the desired position. Among many other benefits, invisible aligners are:
- Removable. Aligners can be removed to brush your teeth, making it easy to maintain good oral hygiene and prevent caries. It also means that you can eat whatever you want without worrying that you might break something, like with metal brackets.
- Discreet. This kind of aligner is almost invisible at first glance and can only seen from very close up. Patients wanting to look good while the treatment lasts can achieve a perfect smile thanks to this very discreet process.
- Comfort. Transparent aligners are specially designed for each patient in a very comfortable material that won’t interfere with your well-being.
- Easy to get used to. Unlike traditional brackets, invisible aligners have no effect on the way you speak. They are also very fast and easy to get used to.
- Pain-free. Having no metal parts, invisible aligners won’t cut your mouth.
- Fewer visits to your dentist. The fact that these aligners don’t cut your mouth and that you will change your own aligners as the treatment progresses means that emergency situations are very rare. Those of you have less time to visit your dentist can benefit enormously from this treatment.
At our dental clinic in Donostia-San Sebastian we use invisible aligners enabling us to follow a highly innovative digitalized process. Call us if you’d like to make an appointment!